viaMD is a surgical supply chain "software as a service" company. We streamline today's paper based, disconnected surgical supply chain by connecting surgeon office, hospital, payer, and medical device company stakeholders online in a collaborative workflow with shared, actionable information at each process step. We start with collaborative surgery planning including surgery scheduling, physician's admitting order, payer prior authorization, and material selection. We integrate surgery planning with OR supply chain management including inventory and order management, procure to pay, and vendor managed invoice incentives based on hospital performance. As a result, users are more productive, stakeholders can bill accurately and eliminate hard costs, and patients enjoy a better coordinated surgical experience.
viaMD used legacy software due to which the following challenges were being faced:
- Overhead of buying different services and keeping track of the logistics
- Not getting timely support for their systems
- Continuous Need to Upgrade outdated systems with current technologies
- No Data backup was established
- Slow performance of the Database due to no maintenance and tuning
After studying their system architecture, their current applications, and the underlying infrastructure, Vast Edge recommended migrating to Oracle Cloud as the optimal solution. The entire system was migrated to Oracle Cloud (implementing JCS, DBaaS)
- System upgraded to the latest technology
- Getting prompt support (24/7) for any environment-related issue
- Reliability - In the event of a failure, self-healing systems are already at work, and disaster recovery is handled by the service
- Access to critical information anytime, anywhere, making the stakeholders, decision makers life so much easier!
- Faster performance as the Cloud optimizes the speed/query time and reduces processing time
- Time-Saving, as with the Cloud you can get more work done in less time with fewer resources
- They can scale their operations anytime without worrying about the infrastructure
- Cost saving and budget flexibility – you can scale up and down as per the business need with the Cloud