Why Migrate to Oracle Analytics Cloud?
Have you been experiencing performance and OBIEE environment management issues? Are you looking to integrate your business intelligence platform with the autonomous data warehouse? Do you have a need to make your BI dashboards interactive allowing you to change metrics data and feed it back to the applications? Are you interested in reducing your TCO? If your answer to any of these is yes, then OAC and ADW is the perfect solution to optimize your business and lower your total cost of ownership. Oracle Analytics Cloud Service is an analytic platform that offers Self-service analytics, Big data analysis, Business model layer, Machine learning, Data visualization, Business intelligence, Predictive analytics and reporting.
Why Vast Edge for Oracle Cloud Migration?
Vast Edge helps its clients to have a substantial ROI with ease of use and rapid deployment of Oracle Cloud Analytics. With OAC, Vast Edge helps its clients to get direct answers for daily business questions.
- With Vast Edge, you get access to a wide range of data connector- including native Oracle sources, open ODBC databases, and JDBC databases.
- Vast Edge empowers businesses with self-service capabilities and allows users to conduct what-if scenario modelling.
- Vast edge leverages day by day app to sends proactive analytics to your mobile devices, giving you the essential information at the right time and right moment so that you can make better fact-based decisions.
- Vast Edge easily scaled up the OACS Platform for you by adding more CPUs.
- Vast Edge deploys automation via scripts for the enterprises and enables users to create and delete the instance. REST-APIs also allow start and stop the services.
- We provide a cost-effective option than on-premise where you pay for operation expenses, not for license & support. Also, Data Visualization tool in OAC demands no separate license.
Vast Edge is a global Oracle gold partner, a leading NetSuite SuiteLife partner, Cloud Select, MSP, and velocity designations with skills and expertise to build, deploy, run, and manage the Oracle Cloud Platform for both Oracle and non-Oracle workloads. Since 2004, Vast Edge has been providing Oracle consulting services and has assisted 70+ customers to successfully migrate to Oracle cloud till date. Vast Edge has immense knowledge of Oracle Storage Solutions, Oracle SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS products with 100+ Trained Engineers and 40+ Oracle Certified experts to make your cloud journey smooth and successful.
Migration Steps and Best Practices
Vast Edge recognizes that standard migration utility only takes care of RPD & web catalog & Application Roles. Therefore, to migrate users & SAML SSO, we either Configure Microsoft Active Directory Bridge in IDCS and Setup SAML SSO between Oracle Analytics Cloud | IDCS and Active Directory Federation Services(ADFS) or Integrate Federated SAML SSO Between Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), Identity Management Cloud (IDCS) and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
Our Oracle cloud experts at Vast Edge make the best use of migration utility to easily migrate your OBIEE environment to Oracle Cloud analytics platform. Depending upon the version of OBIEE, companies can either download the entire snapshot of BAR file and include dashboards (the catalogue files), data models (rpd file extensions - your repositories), and the roles. For the older OBIEE versions, we create jar export file by employing utility. This jar export file contains the dashboards and the data models (rpd files). When the businesses import this jar file, the dashboards and data model repositories are imported after they enter the password at the time of upload ensuring the data security.
As a global Oracle Cloud service provider, Vast Edge provides solutions and services needed to accelerate customer's time to value and success in the cloud by moving their entire network infrastructure, applications, and data system to cloud computing efficiently. Vast Edge was also mentioned on Forbes by Oracle for successfully migrating customers from other clouds and on-prem to Oracle cloud.
Post OBIEE Migration Activities
Vast Edge has developed proven tools and methods to expedite migrations and make them seamless using on-prem installers to transfer any size data files, data sync tools for anytime cutover, and GUI tools to monitor the migrations checklist
- The most important step here is to check for access rules and the database connectivity as your data sources will now change or will have to be re-established to on-prem or cloud database. It's always advisable to keep the data source as close as possible to the OAC environment for better performance. In the case of on-prem ERP systems such as EBS, SAP, JDE, Peoplesoft, you can always use the data sync utility that comes with OAC to synchronize your data on the cloud.
- Setup Virus scanners to make sure your data is clean and not infected as you will be schedule auto report deliveries to employees, customers, vendors, and partners or even sending newsletters by embedding role-based personalized analytics results.
- Vast Edge enables automated report deliveries by setting up email servers for your OAC account.
- Vast Edge installs Oracle Analytics Developer Client Tools to edit your data models, manage your catalogues that were uploaded and to establish connections to cloud databases or on-premise databases.
Vast Edge is an expert in OBIEE Migrations to OAC and has full access to Oracle knowledge hub & direct access to Oracle solution engineers. Since 2016, Vast Edge has been one of the first partners to embrace Oracle cloud and was recognized by Oracle as one of the top System Integrators at Jan 2019 Seattle event and invited to the panel with other big 4 companies such as Accenture, Deloitte, and KPMG.
Total Cost of Ownership
Vast Edge helps companies to address the operating costs and overheads associated with maintaining software environments via deploying proficient tooling, automation and lifecycle management. Vast Edge enables the organizations to focus more on their core business, and have their valuable technical resources concentrate on improving applications, thus improving overall efficiency and profitability.
Pricing for OAC is $20 per user per month for complete self-service experience - visualization, data prep, mobile, dashboards and reporting and $240 per CPU per month for Bring Your License (BYOL) model.
Vast Edge offers Small and Medium Business Discounts.Contact us to learn more about OAC pricing.
About Vast Edge - Simplified Cloud Solutions
Vast Edge is a leading IT Consulting Company and offers Business Intelligence, big data analytics, cloud ERP, IoT platform, enterprise backup and disaster recovery, Blockchain, AI/ML, and Integration solutions. Since inception, Vast Edge has been providing Oracle consulting services, NetSuite cloud business solution and assisting businesses in optimizing their processes by utilizing proven tools and methods to reduce risks, expedite projects, and provide quality deliverable.
Get a Free Assessment from our experts to assist your organization in advancing to the next stage of Business Intelligence and EPM evolution.