It's no longer a secret that several customers have been moving their teradata warehouse to GCP big query, Oracle ADW, AWS Redshift, SnowFlake, and Azure SQL. Vast Edge has expertise in migrating Teradata to these cloud based warehouses to save upto 50% in costs, increase speeds, leverage modern analytics and next generation data warehouse features. Since 2004, Vast Edge has been assisting businesses to optimize their processes by leveraging cutting edge technologies. Vast Edge has certified experts across Oracle, Google, Azure, and AWS clouds.
Teradata Migration to Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW)
Teradata Migration to ADW offered by Vast Edge provides an optimized and pre-configured database capable of Self-Patching, Self-Tuning, and automated upgrades. Our optimized Teradata Migration to Oracle ADW solution offers:
With Teradata Migration to ADW, Vast Edge helps businesses to reduce cost up to 50% while ensuring higher database availability. Vast Edge deploys an expeditious and scalable data-loading from Oracle Object Store, AWS S3, or on-premise that avails raw partitioning by incrementing its performance. Teradata Migration to OAD warehouse, offered by Vast Edge, manages data workloads with 100% compatibility ascertaining customers to extract data insights and make critical decisions in authentic-time.
Why Migrate to Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse
Various phases of Migration Strategy
Discovery and identification of existing database
- Version of the database
- Number of databases to be migrated
- Size of the database
- Stored Procedures and triggers need to be migrated
- Downtime/maintenance window
- Application interfaces
Teradata Migration to Azure SQL Warehouse
Vast Edge offers SQL server management studio for migrating Teradata to Azure cloud to reduce the time consumption during large data migration. Our cloud migration specialists employ a controlled migration environment to truncate non-Azure assets for higher availability and on-demand migrations by spinning up or scheduling Azure resources as required.
- Vast Edge executes integrated approach backed by ETL implements like SSIS or Azure Data Factory along with data management gateway for better connectivity and reliable migration.
- Leveraging Teradata computing abilities, Vast Edge integrates your Azure ecosystem with supplemental data processing capabilities leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Teradata along with Azure SQL warehouse deployment by Vast Edge combines the performance and scalability of both of the platforms through a massively parallel processing data warehouse while ensuring the ease-of-use of SaaS features.
- The Teradata solutions deployed by Vast Edge in Azure warehouse enables an on-demand query optimizer to ingest, prepare, manage, and accommodate data top-notch business intelligence and machine learning needs. Besides, our migration strategy harnesses the data conversion feature that leads to an error-free extraction of data through metadata compatibility.
- For secure Teradata migration, Vast Edge deploys hash and round-robin distribution in rows and columns to identify recently used data and further authenticating them.
- Vast Edge ensures an astute, affordable, worry-free Teradata migration for driving the highest business performance.
Various phases of Teradata to Azure SQL Data Warehouse migration:
This is the data discovery step which determines inputs and outputs for migration.
A workload is identified to validate the outputs required and run the following phases as a POC.
This phase is about mapping the data you have in Teradata to the data layout you will create in Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
This phase concentrates on how to tune the Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
This phase is used to identify the migration paths.
In this step, actual migration is done.
Azure SQL DW Migration Steps
Teradata Migration to AWS Redshift
For migrating Teradata to Amazon Redshift, Vast Edge leverages the AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT) to accumulate information from source database schema and convert them to an AWS database. Vast Edge offers a top-notch data warehouse with industry-grade scalability to harness the cloud technology with business perspicacity implements.The key differentiator of Vast Edge's offerings for Teradata Migration to AWS Redshift are:
Vast Edge utilizes sophisticated algorithms to prognosticate and relegate incoming queries predicated on their run time and resource requisites to dynamically manage performance while prioritizing business-critical workloads while migrating Teradata to Amazon AWS.
Teradata Migration to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Big Query
Teradata migration to GCP BigQuery by Vast Edge enables extremely fast analytics on a petabyte-scale with unique architecture and state-of-the-art capabilities. Vast Edge eliminates the need to forecast and provision storage as in our solutions the resources are allocated dynamically
- Pay-as-you-go model
- Storage specific costing
- Query processing for cost optimization
- Google Cloud Dataflow
Advanced data store capabilities
- High level of data compression
- Data scanning
- Reduced overall deployment time
- Video streaming directly through an API
High network availability
- Secured connection to external sources
- Google Cloud Bigtable
- Access to GCS and Google Drive
- Pre-configured with third-party reporting
- BI tools like Tableau, Micro Strategy and Looker
Why migrate to Google Cloud Big Query?
- Both Big Query and Teradata Database conform to the ANSI/ISO SQL:2011
- Provides pay-as-you-go model.
- Big Query eliminates the need to forecast and provision storage and compute resources in advance.
- Big Query charges separately for data storage and query processing, enabling an optimal cost model.
- Big Query provides the ability to connect to federated (external) data sources such as Google Cloud Big Table, Google Cloud Storage (GCS) and Google Drive.
- Direct Integration with the most popular BI tools.
- BTEC and Fast Load etc. allow for high-performance data ingestion and processing.
- Very capable enterprise data warehouse platform leveraging the MPP architecture.
Steps to Migrate to GCP Big Query
Modifications of stored Procedures
- Replace triggers that are used to run periodic queries with scheduled queries.
- Replace stored procedures that control the complex execution of queries and their interdependencies with workflows defined in Cloud Composer
- Refactor stored procedures that are used as an API into your data warehouse with parameterized queries and using the Big Query API
- Teradata SQL is translated to basic SQL so that it can be used in Big Query.
- Use script to search and replace SQL elements. e.g GT is replacing with using sed command.
- Non-standard functions need to be converted into equivalent standard SQL.
Teradata to Snowflake Migration
A snowflake is a native-cloud software whereas Teradata comes with hardware and software which is mounted on-premises. In the case of Snowflake, the data, the software and the SQL client which is used to access the warehouse, all come in native cloud state. Snowflake just takes a few clicks to create a new data warehouse and to add-on instances.
About Vast Edge
Founded in the year 2004, VastEdge is a leading IT Consulting Company and Global Service provider of Business Intelligence, big data analytics, cloud ERP, IoT platform, enterprise backup and disaster recovery, Blockchain, Cassandra, AI and ML and Integration solutions. We perform Application modernization, follow a continuous change management, and implement advanced practices while working on the key areas of enhancing methodologies of project development.
Contact us to get expert advise for your cloud needs.