APEX Chat Integration APEX OAC Integration EBS Migration Tools Analytics Migration Oracle Coud Migration Teradata Migration PeopleSoft Migration NetSuite Integration Autonomous Database Migration Upgrade 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
Do you have trouble sending emails using SMTP mail server? Do you require a secured host server for averting sensitive data theft and hacking? Do you want to integrate the impeccable and hassle-free distribution of bulk emails? If the answer to any of these questions is yes! Oracle APEX deployment by Vast Edge enables enterprises to send emails through Microsoft Office 365. Vast Edge integrates an SMTP server for mailer inbound/outbound configuration to verbalize with office365.
Why Vast Edge for APEX SMTP-Office 365 Configuration?
Oracle ATP with APEX provides enterprise-grade performance to quickly develop and deploy high-quality applications. One of the most important requirements for APEX applications is to send email notifications to the application users as well as external partners. Vast Edge's differentiator for APEX SMTP-Office 365 Configuration are:
Vast Edge's deployment solutions don't require any programming or specific tools. Our configuration engineers use pre-defined sample connection templates to set up your SMTP configuration in a few minutes while providing remote setup support for any future issue. APEX application.
Vast Edge's deployed solutions allow one-way, two-way, and multi-way connections with top-notch features like disabling unwanted operations, dynamic columns cleanup, data transformation or translation, and custom business logic addition.
Hybrid Cloud Configuration
Vast Edge integrates all your apps in a dynamic system to support various software like Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Dynamics, Exchange, Azure, Microsoft Flow, Logic Apps, Microsoft Teams, and others.
Our SMTP configuration allows enterprises in accessing and syncing 3rd party vendor's data with an external system through .NET, XML, CSV, and others.
APEX Office 365 SMTP Instance Setting
An SMTP mail server with an email client or software performs the whole email delivery process. Many users face an error notification in apex while sending emails. Here's an expeditious and facile procedure to configure your apex environment for emails through office 365:
- For APEX 5.x on 12.2.x Database, when a given error occurs while endeavoring to configure in APEX Instance setting an email server with SSL/TLS as office 365:
ORA-24263: Certificate of the remote server does not match the target
- Create an SMTP Host Address: smtp.office365.com
- Input SMTP Host Port: 587
- Enter SMTP Authentication Username: email@example.com
- Enter SMTP Authentication Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Tick to checkbox if you wish to transmute the password for the SMTP authentication username.
- Go for YES to turn on USE SSL/TLS
- If the server still exhibiting the same error the go for the option after the connection is established to turn on USE SSL/TLS
- Enter Default Email from Address: Cloud@vastedge.com
- Adjust maximum emails per workspace: 10000
If the server still exhibiting the same error, then use these steps to reset
- Upgraded to or configured APEX 5.1.4 on a 12.2 database. ( In 12.2 database, while making a secured connection or request via UTL_TCP, UTL_SMTP, and UTL_HTTP, authenticates the digital certificate of the remote server. It will raise the following error if the server address in the CN attribute of the certificate does not match the requested connection or URL)
ORA-24263: remote server certificate doesn't match the target address.
- Apply Patch Exception for Bug 27590117
- Download the patch 27590117 from MOS
- Check the README docs.
- Apply the patch as per the instructions
- Set the APEX instance parameter SMTP_SECURE_HOST to use SNI for the mail server:
ALTER SESSION SET current schema = APEX_050100;
- Re-test the configuration of your email server sending an email from within APEX.
THE REQUEST IS NOW PROCESSED
Oracle APEX requires the certificates to be stored in the DB wallet for all third party integrations to work. This is done to maintain security to deliver enterprise-grade applications. In order to setup SMTP access in APEX to send emails through office 365, we need to first import the certificates from office 365. The certificate chain can be found here at Office 365 Certificates. Next, you need to set up the SMTP settings as shown in the attached image. And now, you will be able to send emails from APEX through office 365.
Make sure to check use SSLTLS after the connection is established under instance email settings. Also, there should only be one slash in the wallet certificate file path.
About Vast Edge - Simplified Cloud Solution
Founded in the year 2004, Vast Edge is a leading IT Consulting Company and Global Service provider of Business Intelligence, big data analytics, cloud ERP, IoT platform, enterprise backup, and disaster recovery, Blockchain, Cassandra, AIML, and Integration solutions. We perform app modernization, follow continuous change management, and implement advanced practices while working on the key areas of enhancing methodologies of project development.
Contact us to get expert advise for your cloud needs.